A big woman like me now looking to correct my progressively shifting teeth Disclaimer:I am not a Doctor.If you want a professional opinion open the phone book and make an appointment.My blog,my experience,my opinion.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Adjustment Number 2

I must tell you, braces are really boring. Nothing much happens in between adjustments, at least not with me. I don't really get any pain or irritation in my mouth . I don't break brackets or bend archwires. Its also pretty obvious that you can't see any changes in tooth movement on a daily basis.

So I went to my second adjustment to see how things were moving along. My ortho was actually quite suprised that my teeth are moving as quickly as they are.Although they are pretty much aligned below there is still that pesky front incisor that does not want to rotate fully in place on account of that rotated molar that is taking forever to budge even one millimeter.





Nonetheless, I was able to change the archwire on my upper arch to a thicker wire. FINALLY that gap on the side will start closing up. At this rate I am hoping that I will keep my treatment time to about a year or a little more. I will actually be delighted if I get my rubber bands next visit. cause that will mean I am even closer to the end. Although every one has told me I can't avoid rubber bands I wonder if I will get away from it because I have already been told that my bite does not need any correcting. The one most annoying thing are my two upper front teeth that still seem more crooked than before I started. My ortho says we have a lot of moving around to do still, even though thats hard to believe since they aesthically look like they are almost done.
I have been compulsively flossing and picking between my bottom teeth cause I keeping thinking that there is this 1mm of plaque that is preventing that front tooth from finally just falling into place. I know I am not completely paranoid since I heard the ortho telling another patient that it does not make sense her doing anything else until she gets her teeth cleaned cause the plaque build up has suspended her progress. Thats not only whack but also gross.
As I said no discomfort, no excrutiating pain. Just playing that waiting game now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. That patient with the plaque buildup was probably me. You go to Lue Chee Lip right? You have a distinctive mouth.

I was really upset when Dr. LCL told me that, in front of people who were obviously listening, because I am an obsessive flosser and I keep my mouth very clean. I had never had a cavity or any kind of plaque buildup before I got braces. I just could not get my lower teeth clean behind the rubber bands. It was was like the floss did nothing. My dentist said it was clear that my teeth were well looked after. He said it just happens to some people.

I just feel like I need to defend my oral hygiene because it is spectacular and not at all whack.

Carnival Jumbie said...

LOL yes I do go to Lue Chee Lip. I hope I did not offend you by my comment but I doubt you were the same person at the office. I have heard ppl getting buff for that same reason on more than one occasion including my appointment last week!
I bought one of those dental pics that come two in a pack. One is a really fine one for pushing things out from between your teeth. I use that to pick underneath and around the ligatures on the brackets.You sometimes have to force the gunk out by going under the ligature and pushing the stuff out. When I feel brave i might even unhook a ligature or two and hook it back with teh same pick. I DON'T RECOMMEND THAT AS PRACTICE THOUGH.

Carnival Jumbie said...

Oh and it helps if you have an electric toothbrush with the little round head , that gets in there as well

eli braces blog said...

you went to lcl really dont tell me your last doc doc 1 was the harpers on henry street cause i was checking out lcl but hrper was like sving 10,000 so i went with the cheaper place i had no probs with fillings and stuff i just needed 4 extractions

Carnival Jumbie said...

no it was'nt Harper. I did not even have them on my list cause I have a friend who had just finished by them when I wanted mine and they did not have very nice things to say. I am wary of anyone who tells me to extract teeth lol. I did not remove any and all my teeth fit in my mouth just fine.

Carnival Jumbie said...

Oh and i think Lue chee lip rates went up recently since I finished up, I had a friend who redid her braces about a year before mine as well and she paid about 25% less as well. I paid a bit more for ceramic uppers which mad eteh process a bit more bearable.