A big woman like me now looking to correct my progressively shifting teeth Disclaimer:I am not a Doctor.If you want a professional opinion open the phone book and make an appointment.My blog,my experience,my opinion.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Braced 1 week

So I make a turn in the uptown pharamcy looking for orthodontic supplies. I am sure at the end of it all the cashier thought I was mad or had OCD or something. I ended up with 3 differnt types of toothpaste, all kinda dental gadgets and two toothbrushes (One of them being Spongebob). Why? Cause I like Spongebob. Lol ok but seriously, from reading on the Metal Mouth Forum and from my ortho , it is advisable to use a toothbrush with a smaller head and softer bristles. All the small toothbrushes had kiddie designs on them so I did not have a choice.

So after 1 week in braces I have not seen any drastic progress, I really have not noticed any movement. Hmm this might be harder than I thought. If you can see a difference let me know! My teeth feel ok except for the incisors which feel a bit weird when pressure is applied. I am having a bit of difficulty biting into things since its still sensitive.

Things I've learnt this week...

  1. Blue Listerine does not stain your clear ligs
  2. If you drink cranberry juice with a straw it won't stain!
  3. Dental wax is your friend.
  4. Whitening toothpaste does not really whiten teeth, just removes recent stains.
  5. Its going to be a loooong two years

2 comments:

Braces Later said...

Hiya,

Congrats on your braces.

Sounds like you had a fun day. I got a Sonicare electric toothbrush and that works fine. I have a small toothbrush I use at work that my Ortho gave me.

Yes, wax is definitely your friend, mine too.

I finally have seen a change after 7 weeks in top braces and two weeks in bottoms. Patience, you will see it soon.

Keep taking pictures.

Anonymous said...

Good luck...saw this an thought of you. http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161131279