A big woman like me now looking to correct my progressively shifting teeth Disclaimer:I am not a Doctor.If you want a professional opinion open the phone book and make an appointment.My blog,my experience,my opinion.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Braced Week 2

So week two of my adventure and nothing much to speak of. It tends to get a little annoying when I eat (especially bread) because gunk gets stuck in the brackets.It has also become a great deterrent for late night snacking. After you brush and floss for the evening its just too much hassle to do it again after a snack.
I have no seen very much progress at all in terms of the gaps closing up. I suspect that it because my treatment plan required that my bite be opened up before my bottom brackets can be installed.I am guessing the ortho has not even adjusted the brackets to start the gap closing. I called the ortho to see if I could move up my appointment on the 7th May to the 4th. I have a wedding to attend on the 5th and my clear ligatures are starting to look a bit dingy on my brackets so I really wanted to get them changed. I was quite surprised when I was told that my appointment could not be pushed up because they have special days reserved for installation of brackets and I would be getting my lowers on that day. At a glance, my bite does not look any different than when I started so I was surprised that I would be getting them so soon. It was then that I started paying closer attention to what was going on in my mouth. I had noticed that my mouth feels particularly dry and my teeth sensitive when I get up in the morning. At first I thought it was because I sleep on the side of my face. But now (andI might be paranoid) I think I have noticed slight changes in my bite almost daily.Its almost as if they only move in the night or rather that I only notice it overnight. On closer inspection I realised that my bite really has opened up quite a bit. It is just so weird to have your teeth sitting in a completely different position that I may have been subconsiouly trying to force my teeth back into the old bite position.





These pics are really after 1 week but blogger was giving me trouble to post them. I figure I will update the pics again again after my first adjustment.

No comments: