A big woman like me now looking to correct my progressively shifting teeth Disclaimer:I am not a Doctor.If you want a professional opinion open the phone book and make an appointment.My blog,my experience,my opinion.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Lowers Braced!

Well I got my lowers done today. I got the metal brackets. The process was just as uneventful as the uppers. On looking at the end result I had a harsh wake up call. I realised I was really being a bit delusional as to the status of my teeth. All along I was saying that they are ok and I was just being vain by fixing them. No. They are messed up. It really takes the installation of the brackets and the wire to get a true sense of how your teeth are orientated (or rather disorientated). When I saw how many kinks were in the wire and how one bracket on my incisor could not even fit on the rotated tooth I was both embarrassed and relieved for myself. Embarrassed that they have to look this OBVIOUSLY bad for awhile and relieved that I actually took the step to do something about it. Can you look at those pics? I did not even know that molar to my left side was completely turned the wrong way!



A few hours later they generally feel ok but I am starting to feel the pressure on that naughty incisor that is jutting out. I have a feeling tomorrow will be much worse than how my uppers felt on day two. I also discovered that I in fact DON'T have self-litigating braces on my rear molars on the uppers. The assistant put a grey ligature on the bracket instead of a clear one so I did not realise that it had a ligature at all. I enquired as to when I could hope to see my upper spaces closing adn I was told that she the ortho was not going to start closing until they were all aligned properly...SIGH. My lowers also have grey ligatures. I did not even bother with the clear ones on the bottom, I have a hard enough time keeping the top ones clean.Ironically I also learned that the guy in the wedding who interrogated me also went to the same ortho. I should have scrutinised him more to see his end results.

So now I have the best of both worlds and hopefully i will really see some action soon!

1 comment:

Braces Later said...

Yup; when I got my lowers, I had no idea my lowers were so crooked; glad I got them on! Good luck and welcome to being fully braced.
I saw changes in my bottoms within two weeks! The top is really slow to change.