A big woman like me now looking to correct my progressively shifting teeth Disclaimer:I am not a Doctor.If you want a professional opinion open the phone book and make an appointment.My blog,my experience,my opinion.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

One month in braces

So at the one month mark I still have not seen much progress if any. I must say I am a bit disappointed. I know I may be a bit impatient but I was at least hoping for a gap to close. My bottoms have not been for more than two weeks so I can't expect much there. Just noticed recently that I have another molar rotated but its not as bad as the other one. It was still and ARRGGGGHHH moment nonetheless.



I made the HORRIBLE mistake on chowing down on a wrap I ordered that I forgot contained mustard.Yeah so now my ligatures are lime green. You can't see it unless its close up but I know its lime green. No amount of attempts to baking soda,Listerine Whitening, whitening toothpaste is helping. Sigh, good thing I told them I was changing them before the next wedding in two weeks.Unortunately for you all I took the pics after the mustard incident.



The bottom brackets are feeling fine although my mouth is generally drier.Very little irritation. I took out the all plastic tongue barbell and put back in the metal one. No correction, I took out the half of the plastic barbell that I did not swallow and put in the metal one. I keep losing the o-ring that holds it in place underneath while I'm eating. I swallowed like 3 this week. I don't really want to order more right now and at the rate I'm eating them they won't last long.
Sigh.




5 comments:

shells said...

wow...
can i ask which orthos u went to? i'm 30 and decided it's about time that i did something with my overbite as well

Carnival Jumbie said...

I am going to Dr.Gwen Lue chee Lip on Fitt st in woodbrook. I must say her staff are very friendly , the service is outstanding and her price is one of the best in the industry.Her whole operation is up to the times.She has a lot of adult patients as well.You won't be alone!
If you read back you will see I had issues with some other orthos and I doh want to get sued so i not calling no names, but i would still advise getting at least two consults. Lets just say, Dr.Lue chee lip is the only one I never hear complaints about.
As reference , check out www.archwired.com as well as their message board.Most ppl are adults in braces and the support helps when you are rationalising why you are doing this lol.

shells said...

tnx much. will do some calling around . and check out some others, one of my friends wears the full-metal ones currently, so i'm gonna be doing some checking around.

Anonymous said...

ah excuse me like yuh take out de barbwire? where de updates

Carnival Jumbie said...

MY BAD. I kinda sticking , I had an update half finished and i supposed to go and adjust in 2 weeks so i was thinking about just waiting till then. Aight nah I will trya nd organise something later