A big woman like me now looking to correct my progressively shifting teeth Disclaimer:I am not a Doctor.If you want a professional opinion open the phone book and make an appointment.My blog,my experience,my opinion.

Monday, March 5, 2007

T-Minus 2 days

So I am preparing myself for what is to come on Wednesday. I thought I would have a conflict with work because of some deadlines that I had but luckily I got it taken off my hands and am a little less stressed generally.

I am not even impressed right now with my bank. I dragged myself out my bed on Friday (after having too much fun at my birthday celebrations) to go pay my credit card. This is credit card which will unfortunately be used to pay the downpayment on my braces this Wednesday.I wanted to pay cash but the cost of the extra dental work and the accelerated treatment schedule has put me in a bit of a bind. The line in the bank was of course ridiculous. I wanted to pay on Friday so that it would be safely posted to the account for Wednesday. The only way I would be able to afford the downpayment is if I cleared the outstanding balance on the card. First off I got pissed when their ATM limited my withdrawl amount because I was using another bank's card. On seeing the line, I asked a CSR if I could pay at the atm. She said I could but the fast deposit box was "just as fast as going to a teller". Great! So I fixed up and dropped the (short) payment in the box.Why is it that when I went to the bank today to pay the difference outstanding...my payment from Friday morning has not yet posted? I paid cash , how is that possible if its 'just as fast as the teller'. I happened to go to a different branch and was told by the teller there that the branch I went to on Friday closes later and usually they only clear the box once a day after closing. How on EARTH could that be just like a teller???Obviously if I knew there would be a delay I would have waited in line! Anyhow you take it why does a cash payment take so long to post??They alledge that the payment will certainly be there by tomorrow.If its not , or if they lost it I am screwed. They would not like to hear my mouth tomorrow.

In the midst of this I have been on a mission to eat all of the things that I will not be able to eat while in braces. Lunch today was a lovely Hott Shoppe Beef roti with lots of curry mango. I had a great snack of nachos later on. I really should have thought of this sooner cause I am pretty far behind in terms of eating all the banned foods. No way I can squeeze them into these two days. I also went and stocked up on ramen noodle cups and mac and cheese which may the only thing I may be able to eat on Wednesday. I don't even want to think how my teeth will keep me back from eating. I love my belly too much!

Well I'm going to eat some more chips..I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Brace Face I have been following your new blog and you make braces sound like an adventure!! Girl good luck in eating all the foods you won't be able to!

The bank is real ketch arse, I got caught with that already,paying credit card by the ATM, so I learned my lesson; it takes DAYS to get updated :S

Anonymous said...

WHo do you all bank with?
I bank with Republic and when I pay/transfer funds to my credit card through telebanker, it seems almost immediate. The money is withdrawn from my savings account one time.

Since I have been online with Republic I have yet to transfer funds over the net, but when I do, I will let you know.

But certainly not a whole weekend!!!

Carnival Jumbie said...

It was First Citizens i was cursing at this point in time. I have accounts with every major bank in Trinidad..not cause i have money but cause they have all given me one reason or other to get on like an ass. But note, even with my scotiabank online banking, which i use to pay my (other ) card the money was deducted immediately but not credited immediately

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

I am with FCB as well, if I pay through telebanking it is the same wait as depositing through the ATM though as Jumbie says they take out the money immediately.

I have banked with Republic, Royal and Scotia and have had the best service with FCB to date though I have had issues with every bank!!